Training and Development is committed to providing professional development, consulting, and assessment services to support continual improvement of effectiveness, both for the individual employee and the organization, in alignment with the University’s strategic objectives. Training and Development administers LEAD...Emerge, LSU’s leadership development program for new supervisors, candidates for promotion to a supervisory position, and current supervisors desiring professional and personal development.
Please visit the following pages to learn what Training and Development can do for you!
Mandated Yearly Sexual Harassment Training
In the Louisiana Senate Concurrent Resolution 107 passed in 2012, the Louisiana Senate resolved that all state agencies should provide one hour of sexual harassment training to each public employee each year. Each LSU classified employee, professional employee, faculty, other academic employee, contingent/transients, graduate and teaching assistant, and student worker must take the statutorily mandated sexual harassment training each year.
To satisfy the requirement, LSU has created the e-course, Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace. This course will teach employees how to define sexual harassment, identify potentially harassing behaviors, recognize forms of sexual harassment and partner with HRM in the complaint process at the University. To take this course, click here.
- Click yes to self-enroll in this community moodle course.
- Once enrolled, click on the link that says Statutorily Mandated Sexual Harassment Training: Preventing Sexual Harassment In the Workplace.
- Cllick Enter.
- After completing the e-course, you will be able to print out a certificate of completion for your records. Please keep this certificate and follow your department’s instructions for reporting and compliance. It is not necessary to forward your certificate to HRM.
*Community Moodle is not compatible with Internet Explorer; Firefox or Google Chrome are the recommended web browsers. MAC Users have been experiencing some issues with the e-course. The e-course requires the latest Adobe Flash Player to play through the scenarios. Please download the latest Adobe Flash Player by clicking on this link http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer or use an updated version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Statutorily Mandated Yearly Ethics Training
As a reminder, in response to Louisiana Revised Statute 42:1170, all public employees are also required to complete one hour of training on the Code of Governmental Ethics each year. Impacted employees include the following groups: classified, professional, faculty, other academic, contingents/transients, graduate and teaching assistants, and student workers.
The required training can be completed in one of two ways:
- By completing an online training course located on the Ethics Board website (click here). Upon completion, the employee will be provided with a certificate that documents the completion of the course.
- By attending an instructor-led session. An LSU ethics training liaison will deliver the required training in the Capital Chamber (Room 329) of the LSU Union on June 11, 2013 at the following times: 9:00-10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Registration is required and can be completed by logging into myLSU. Click on "Employee Resources" and then "HRM Training Programs." After validating your personal information, click on "Training Programs" and then select "Statutorily Required Ethics Training for Employees."
According to the statute, failure to comply with the requirements of training constitutes a violation of the Ethics Code. Any public employee who is found to have violated any provision of any law within the jurisdiction of the Ethics Board can be removed, suspended, or ordered to have a reduction in pay or demotion by the Ethics Board. The board can also impose a fine of not more than ten thousand dollars, or both.
Please contact the Office of Human Resource Management with any questions at 225-578-8200 or email@example.com.