The heart of any successful organization is its people. LEAD…Emerge is designed to enhance the level of knowledge, skills, and abilities of LSU’s most important resources, its employees .Teaching, learning, and empowering the transfer of knowledge; for the professional administrators chosen to participate in LEAD…Emerge, leadership beckons.
Lead…Emerge is LSU’s leadership development program for new supervisors, candidates for promotion to a supervisory position, and current supervisors desiring professional and personal development. The program focuses on building and enhancing leadership skills which support the University’s strategic objectives (Flagship Agenda). Using self-awareness as a catalyst for professional improvement, the program incorporates a combination of individual and group experiential exercises to further build participants’ competencies.
Participation in this program will:
• Provide participants with a comprehensive view of their personal preferences and style.
• Expose participants to new concepts regarding leadership and management.
• Assist participants in creating a personal development plan.
• Foster continued development through post-program follow-up.
• Build relationships and enhance collaboration across University departments.
During this program, participants:
• Receive feedback on their personal preference and style utilizing the DiSC assessment and Emotional Intelligence (EQ) appraisal tools.
• Discover how to be a credible leader who can inspire, influence, and achieve results.
• Explore their abilities and style in terms of LSU’s leadership/managerial core competencies such as: planning, goal setting, communication, teambuilding, conflict management, coaching, organizational awareness, and managing resources.
• Understand the impact of their individual behaviors on the organization and within their own work team.
• Learn to adapt their leadership style to meet different situations and to embrace diversity and inclusiveness here at LSU.
This leadership development series has been designed to enhance the skills of those newly and recently emerged managers as well as those with prior management experience who wish to enhance their leadership knowledge, skills, and behaviors. Participants learn to lead themselves first, and then to interact more effectively with others, influence better decision making, and take a proactive stance with regards to work opportunities.
The LEAD...Emerge program consists of a series of full-day sessions. In each session, participants take part in an instructor-led and participant-centered lesson which includes self-discovery activities, peer discussions, and group experiential exercises. Throughout the program, participants identify actionable steps for applying what they learn as well as build an individual development plan for continuing their personal and professional development journey.
Content for each session addresses one or more of LSU's managerial core competencies. Topics include:
• Self-Awareness using DiSC
• Emotional Self-Awareness
• Practicing Effective Leadership
• Authentic Leadership
• Cultural Competence
• Communication & Active Listening
• Giving Successful Presentations
• Leading Change
• Handling Conflict
• Leading Teams
• Facilitating Effective Meetings
• Planning & Goal Setting
• Coaching for Performance & Development
|January 15, 2013||Congratulatory welcome breakfast for selected nominees and their nominators at the Faculty Club.|
|May 13, 2013||Graduation luncheon for participants and their nominators at Lod Cook Alumni Center in the Abell Room.|
2013 Class Schedule
All classes will be held from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on the dates below. Class dates are subject to change.
Friday, January 18
Thursday, January 31
Thursday, February 14
Friday, March 1
Wednesday, March 27
Friday, April 12
Friday, April 26
Friday, May 10
All classes will be held at the Louisiana Transportation Research Center (LTRC)/TTEC building, 4099 Gourrier Ave, Room 179.