Annual Enrollment for health, flexible spending accounts and supplemental benefits will be held October 1, 2014 - October 31, 2014. Employees will be able to enroll, cancel or make changes to their health and voluntary insurance plans. All changes made during the annual enrollment period (October 1, 2014 - October 31, 2014) will be effective January 1, 2015.
Employees Enrolled in an OGB Heath Plan: HMO, PPO, CDHP, Vantage Home HMO
|IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BENEFITS|
The Office of Group Benefits (OGB) annual enrollment period begins October 1 and lasts through October 31. During that period, all current members will be required to select a health plan for 2015. OGB’s plan options for 2015 include several new plans that were not available in previous years. You can get details about all plan options in the decision guide available here.
You can access even more information about OGB’s plans, including frequently asked questions, an out-of-pocket cost calculator, and the Ask OGB blog at annualenrollment.groupbenefits.org.
• OGB is not getting rid of the plans they offer today. However, it’s important that members take the time to review each of the 2015 offerings to ensure they are selecting the right coverage for their circumstances.
• OGB is offering more plans to member than ever before, including three HMO options, one PPO option and two consumer-driven options for employees and retirees with and without Medicare.
• The Pelican plans offer significantly lower premiums than any offered today, in addition employer funding that offsets a portion of member out-of-pocket costs.
IMPORTANT: The OGB Customer Service Helpdesk will offer extended hours beginning Monday, September 15. It will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. It will not be open Saturday September 13.
You’re invited to learn more about your benefits at the live webinars and meetings taking place across the state over the next few weeks. There is no registration required for the in-person meetings, but registration is necessary for the webinars. REGISTER NOW!
There are two changes that will affect statewide insurance products beginning January 1. Statewide products include dental insurance, universal life insurance, vision insurance, and other types of insurance plans that aren’t included in the Office of Group Benefits’ offerings.
1. Beginning in 2015, premiums for statewide insurance products will be taken out of employees’ paychecks before tax. That means that employees enrolled in the eligible products will see more take home pay.
2. The other change is that employees will only be able to enroll in these products during the annual enrollment period, unless they experience a qualifying event. The enrollment period typically spans the month of October.
|GET THE FACTS|
The changes to OGB’s health plans are a hot topic right now. Commissioner Nichols’ article in the Shreveport Times provides some context for the changes and details about how OGB has managed costs to its members as the cost of health care continues to rise.
OGB has developed a new set of plans that offer members a variety of coverage options for 2015. This year, OGB health plan participants are REQUIRED to make a selection during the annual enrollment period. If you are currently enrolled in an OGB health plan and do not make a selection by the end of the enrollment period you will be moved into the new OGB Pelican HRA 1000 plan and will not have a chance to change plans until the next open enrollment period.
The Office of Group Benefits will be mailing all OGB plan participants informational booklets, hosting regional meetings during the month of October, as well as hosting online webinars.
*Click here for a schedule of OGB meetings in your area.
Employees Enrolled in LSU First
If you wish to remain in the same LSU First option, no action is required on your part during annual enrollment. Action is only required if you want to change your health plan for the 2015 plan year (January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015).
We encourage all employees to attend a meeting on campus (see schedule below) where we will review LSU First and the voluntary benefit plan changes for 2015.
Annual Enrollment Meetings: Review of LSU First & Voluntary Benefit Plan Changes
The Office of Human Resource Management will be hosting annual enrollment meetings during the month of October to discuss updates and provide information on all of the health and supplemental benefit plans.
All meetings will be held in the LSU Union, Capital Chamber Room.
Thursday, October 2, 2 - 4 p.m.
* An interpreter will be at this meeting.
Tuesday, October 14, 9 - 11 a.m,
Tuesday, October 21, 9 - 11 a.m,
Tuesday, October 28, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Our annual Benefits Fair will be held on Thursday, October 16, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. in the LSU Union, Cotillion Ballroom. The Benefits Fair is a great time to visit with representatives whose organizations provide valuable services to LSU employees and their families.