Welcome to the LSU Benefits website!
This site will provide guidance and support for all employees and retirees concerning their benefits and retirement needs. Whether you are a new or current employee of LSU or a retiree, we are here to serve you. Browse through our website for information regarding health insurance, supplemental benefit plans, retirement plan options, and eligibility. Feel free to contact us with questions, concerns or comments. Employees may view their current benefit choices in myLSU. Click here for more information.
Click here for the 2015 Health Insurance Plans
- LSU First administered by WebTPA
- Magnolia Local Plus administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield (fomer HMO)*
- Magnolia Open Access administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield (former PPO)*
- Magnolia Local administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield (former HMO)*
- Pelican HRA 1000 administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- Pelican HSA 775 administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- Medical Home HMO administered by Vantage
* Plan will be effective March 1, 2015.
Click here for the 2015 Benefits & Retirement Snapshot
2015 Supplemental Benefits administered by UnitedHealthCare
Click here for the 2014 Benefits & Retirement Summary Snapshot
Click here for the Leave Without Pay (LWOP) Benefits & Retirement Snapshot
Premiums Only Plan
Monthly Premiums and Tax-Saver Premiums Only Plan
Employees' premiums are payroll deducted on a bi-weekly or monthly basis, depending on the Employee’s pay schedule. The premiums for employees are eligible for tax sheltering under the Tax-Saver Premiums Only Plan.
Premiums Only Plan (POP)
• If you enroll in the Premiums Only Plan, your premiums for medical, dental, and vision offered through the Office of Group Benefits may automatically be deducted pre-tax from your paycheck before your taxable income is determined.
• There is no cost to participate in the Premiums Only Plan.
• There is no tax liability on the money put into the Premiums Only Plan.
• If you enroll in Premiums Only Plan and want to cancel any of the benefits being tax-sheltered under this plan, you may only do so if you experience a qualifying event.
• If you do not experience a qualifying event, you may only cancel your participation during annual enrollment in October for a January 1 effective date.
• Enrollment in Premium Only Plan rolls over automatically from Plan Year to Plan Year; if you wish to cancel the Premium Only Plan you can do so during annual enrollment in October for a January 1 effective date, or within 30 days of a qualifying event if cancellation is consistent with the qualifying event.
• You are not required to re-enroll in the Premiums Only Plan. Your elections for the Premiums Only Plan will rollover unless you opt out of the Plan during Annual Enrollment
Changes in Participation During the Year
Due to the tax advantages you enjoy under this program, the Internal Revenue Service imposes some restrictions on the changes you can make during the Plan Year. Once you have elected to participate in one or more of these accounts, you cannot change or revoke this election except during Annual Enrollment or if you experience a qualifying event.
A qualifying event only allows for changes to an existing election. If you did not make an election to participate in the Plan during Annual Enrollment or within 30 days of being eligible for benefits, a qualifying event will not allow for enrollment in the Plan mid-year. The only exception to this rule is in cases where there is a loss of other coverage.
Use the following form to enroll in the Premiums Only Plan
*If you did not make an election to participate in the Plan during Annual Enrollment or within 30 days of being eligible for benefits, a qualifying event will not allow for enrollment in the Plan mid-year.
Click here to view the list of Qualifying Events
Each year during the month of October, eligible employees have an opportunity to add or change their Health Plan and Voluntary Benefit elections for an effective date of January 1.