Bookmark and Share
Frequently Asked Questions


1. I am interested in my organization, community group, or kids visiting LSU OR in LSU hosting a community event on the campus. I am trying to connect my community group with LSU.

a. You should contact the CUP office. 

2. I would like for LSU to provide volunteers for my community agency or organization.

a. You may need to work with several offices.  However, contact the Community University Partnership Office and they can direct you.

3. I had a service-learning class work with my students or community organization and I would like follow-up or another class to participate.

a. You should contact the CCELL office.

4. I am an entrepreneur and am interested in getting assistance with starting my company.

a. You can contact the Louisiana Business & Technology Center in the E.J. Ourso College of Business.

5. I am a teacher looking for resources and/or tutors.

a. For diversity workshops and assistance, visit EDCO’s Diversity Education & Outreach page.

b. For professional development needs, contact the College of Education.

c. For assistance with science, technology, engineering, and math literacy in education, visit the Cain Center.

d. For an open call for tutors, you can start with CUP.

e. For academic specific tutors, contact the College of Education.


6. I am looking for admission and recruitment information for my student(s).

a. Visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions & Student Aid.
b. For ethnic minority high school juniors, consider applying to OMA’s SPRINGFEST
c. For undergraduate students interested in graduate school, contact the Graduate School.

7. I am with a minority-serving institution or minority-focused program looking to make a connection with LSU.

a. Contact or our Director of Educational Equity, Marco Barker at

8. I am an international student or am interested in connecting with LSU’s international population or services.

a. Contact the Office of International Programs

9. I am looking for resources related to women, gender, gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender (GLBT) populations, or domestic violence or sexual assault.

a. For women’s and gender outreach and leadership development, contact the Women’s Center.

b. For Women’s and Gender Studies or WGS (academic program), contact the WGS program office.

c. For GLBT issues, contact the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA).

d. If you are in a domestic violence or sexual assault situation and looking for on-campus assistance, contact the LSU Student Health Center’s Wellness & Health office at 225-578-5718 or contact the LSU Women’s Center. Resources are provided for both women and men survivors of violence or assault.

10. I am interested in recruiting underrepresented groups, connecting my company with LSU in order promote diversity, or supporting LSU diversity and community efforts through time, resources, and/or philanthropy.

a. Contact EDCO (link to contact) page or our Director of Educational Equity, Marco Barker at and Lisa Geddes in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations at