A classroom representative, or room parent, is an individual who assumes the representation of his/her child’s class of which the child is currently enrolled. Some classes may choose to have more than one room parent. Suggested responsibilities of room parents include, but are not limited to:
- communicating with each family and teacher in his/her particular class.
- acting as a conduit of communication between administration and families.
- organizing communications, i.e. email, class newsletters, classroom bulletin boards, memos, etc.
- working closely with the teacher to organize celebrations, parties and special events.
- becoming and/or a member of the Parent Advisory Committee.