Why invest in the LSU Child Care Center?
It is known that:
- Children receiving high-quality child care have significantly higher earnings, significantly higher rate of high school graduation, and significantly lower need for special education and costly social services.
- Children receiving high-quality child care are retained in grade less often, arrested less frequently, more successful on cognitive and IQ tests, more motivated and committed to school, and more skillful in social situations.
- Society benefits through cost savings of $3 to $7 for every $1 invested in a quality child care program.
- Attendance in a high-quality child care program enhances lifetime earnings of both children and parents and reduces unemployment
- Children graduating from a high-quality child care program have fewer teen pregnancies, less delinquent activities, and fewer incarcerations.
Source: National Association for the Education of Young Children (1996). What are the benefits of high quality early childhood programs? NAEYC: Washington, DC
Benefits for student parents who have access to campus child care include:
- Enrollment in higher education.
- Higher graduation rates than campus counterparts.
- Higher retention rate and graduation in fewer years.
- Demonstrated higher rates of persistence.
- Higher grade point average.
Source: Impact of Campus-Based Child Care on Academic Success of Student Parents at SUNY Community Colleges, 1989 and Child Development Center Participant Analyses, Bronx Community College, 1994.
Annual Giving Opportunities
Become a Guardian Angel
Unrestricted contributions to the LSU Child Care Center Fund provide the ability for areas of greatest need to be met. These contributions help to strengthen the LSU Child Care Center where it is most beneficial. These funds may be used for new equipment, educational materials for children, families, and teachers, and in many other areas.
The "guardianship" lasts from January 1 to December 31 each year, so you can make a contribution at any time, and all gifts are appreciated.
Silver Angel $100-$249
Bronze Angel $250-$499
Gold Angel $500-$999
Platinum Angel $1000+
As a Guardian Angel you help the LSU Child Care Center:
- Sustain its excellence as a model child care program
- Touch the lives of children, parents, grandparents, and caregivers
- Provide a safe and stimulating environment where children can learn
- Give children a positive atmosphere to develop social, emotional, cognitive, and physical skills
- Support enrichment and special events for the children, families, and staff of the Center, as well as, the LSU Community
- Contributors will be listed as benefactors and invited to attend special events.
For further information regarding donations to the LSU Child Care Center, please visit www.lsufoundation.org or contact the LSU Foundation at 225/578-3811 or 800/452-7929.
The LSU Child Care Center will gladly accept non-monetary donations such as children’s books, computers, toys, school supplies, children’s furniture, etc. For donations, other than monetary, please call 225/578-7882 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.